söndag 20 mars 2011

A dearth of ideas

Woah, the deadline for the upcoming warcraft comic is within the week and I completely lack ideas. It’s one of those times when you can actually hear the emptiness in your brain, with the sound of echoes while tapping on one’s head.

I laughed out loud when I came to think of an idea where two allys walk in a corridor filled with statues at the sides. One of them says she feels like being watched, whereupon the other says that there’s nothing to worry about – she’s just being paranoid! It turns out that one of these statues is a dwarf in stoneform. With a smirky-looking face he looks into the camera in the last panel. I giggled over this stupid idea for like an hour and then decided to show a rough sketch of this to my brother who, as expected, turned it down immediately with a “emm...”. Sigh.

Another thing I keep thinking about is the logic of crowd control. I played the Bastion of Twilight with my guild the other day, and there are these two packs of patrolling mobs in the initial part of the dungeon. They overlap eachother, so you have to wait for the other pack to be pretty far away before you can pull the first group. After the actual pull, the cc:ed mobs remain at the same location of course, like sap and sheep, and I was thinking... what the heck does the other patroll think of this when they return? They come back, just walk through like nothing. “Oh, there’s ol’ John, sleeping at work I see” or “Oh my, a sheep. How nice of Cho’gal to put it here among the workers to liven up the atmosphere.” I thought of how I could make a funny out of this one, but the things is... I think everyone have thought the same thing at least once and it’s not really funny. *Throw idea in the wastebasket.*

It’s really hard just coming up with funny ideas. They’re more like revelations – visions that just pop out of nothing when seeing a random picture or hearing a quote. God, give me a sign!

2 kommentarer:

  1. What the hell do they do with the flag in Warsong Gulch? Capturing bases and killing bosses in BGs makes sense but flags!

    -"We took your flag, now you can't devestate our forest!"
    -"Damn, we'd better take their flag next time, guys, or Garrosh is gonna kill us!"

    Don't think I've seen a comic about it either.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Already thought of a comic like that, where there was an officer who was out of his mind with the same reasoning ^^ Never did anything with it though.

    SvaraRadera